The making of Windows Mobile 5.0
The Windows Mobile team has published a Fun Facts, behind the scenes, look at the making of Windows Mobile 5.0 (PDF).
Some key statistics:
- 47 1-pound bags of peanut butter M&Ms dispensed from a gumball machine
- Average amount of weight gained per team member since September because of missed workouts: 15 lbs.
- On average, $2,000 "saved" in rent per developer by living in the office
- 37 cell phones were harmed in the making of this product
- 6 brand new 4-letter words added to the English language
- 23% increase in nail-biting across the development staff
- On average, 5 boxes of Band-Aids used for thumb blisters per manual device tester
- Build lab generated close to 1 Terabyte of build data every day (which is pretty astounding for a 32 MB device!)
Thanks for the tip Marco