Quake 3 Arena source code released
- Quake III Arena source code ( renderer, game code, OS layer etc. )
- Bot routes compiler source code
- Retargetable C compiler ( produces assembly to be turned into qvm bytecode by q3asm )
- Assembly to qvm bytecode compiler
- Map compiler ( .map -> .bsp ) - this is the version that comes with Q3Radiant 200f
- Q3Radiant map editor build 200f ( common/ and libs/ are support dirs for radiant )
Check the internet for spinof projects that tues the build environment and code for the various supported platforms: Windows, GNU/Linux and Mac.
I built it without problems using Visual Studio .NET 2003. The world of first person shooters has certainly moved on since I had a look at the graphics behind Caste Wolfenstein.
The source code for the older Quake versions can be downloaded from the idsoftware technology downloads site