egilh project #8: DAO/RDO
What: DAO/RDO . Well, almost :-(
I got the job and went back to Dublin to celebrate with a few pints with the lads only to discover that the lawyers couldn't get me a work permit. 6 months more work experience and the job would have been mine...
When: mid 90s
- I hate lawyers
- First time on a 10 hour flight (BA business class via London Heathrow, 3 movies and great food/junk)
- First time in the USA
- First time driving a car with automatic gear
- First jet lag
- First, but not last, time on Microsoft campus
- First time I had 7 job interviews for 1 job. (The future boss and 6 future colleagues)
I had great fun during the interviews. Some issues were pretty basic like create a C++ object representing a person but there were more fun ones;
- You have X coins. One of them is heavier than the other ones. How many times do you have to weight them to find out which coin is the heaviest?
- In the reception of the building I had my interview there were two stones showing the current day (01..31) of the month. What is the minimal number of sides needed on each of the stones?
- Philosophical discussion over atol(); how does it return errors and how would I return errors if I had designed the API
- Discussing fast cars over a Mexican lunch