Windows PowerShell v1.0
Windows PowerShell v 1.0 ex Monad has been released. It is available for Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 in English and localized version. The Scripting with Windows PowerShell site has more documentation and webcasts.
- More than 130 command-line tools (called "cmdlets") for performing common system administration tasks, such as managing services, processes, event logs, certificates, the registry, and using Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
- Command-line tools are designed to be easy to learn and easy to use with standard naming conventions and common parameters, and simple tools for sorting, filtering, and formatting data and objects.
- Support for existing scripting languages and existing command-line tools, and multiple versions of Windows, including Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista™, and Windows Server code name “Longhorn".
- Features that enable users to navigate data stores, like the registry and certificate stores, as if they were a file system.
- Standard utilities for managing Windows data in different stores and formats, including Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI), Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), Component Object Model (COM) objects, ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), HTML, and XML.
- Sophisticated expression parsing and .NET Framework object manipulation at the command line, including pipelining of objects help IT professionals to work more efficiently and effectively.
- An extensible interface that enables independent software vendors and enterprise developers to build custom cmdlets to meet unique application and system administration requirements.