Sydney's first night out
Tonight is Sydney's first night sleeping outside.
We have spent most of the week getting him used to the idea. He has had two places to sleep from the beginning (probably a bad idea but that's life). One inside in the kitchen where he has spent the nights so far, and one outside on the stairs where he rests/sleeps during the day when we are outside. Yesterday evening he even fell asleep on his place outside on the stairs but woke up before we went to bed. Things started very well (not more than a couple of minutes crying) but has degraded to a long concerto of various cries now that he is about to fall asleep for the night. I feel guilty as hell but going out just shows him that someone comes as long as he cries long or badly enough.
I cannot wait to get a decent night of sleep after waking up several times a night to take him out for a leak. The first nights were a nightmare as he woke up 4-5 times a night but we have all learned. I take away his food after we have eaten dinner and play and/or go for a walk before going to bed to make him tired. Both seems to have helped as he has slept until 5:30 the last couple of days.
Getting more sleep and energy will be great. My blogs have suffered and so has my reading (but my spending):
- Make Magazine: It -hurts- to look at the magazine and not read it. There is so much cool stuff in there that I know I will not put it down when I start reading it.
- The latest edition of Wired: idem
- Neal Stephenson: Snow Crash
- Neal Stephenson: Quicksilver
- Silvia Ziche: Olimpo S.P.A.
- Silvia Ziche: Amore Mio
- Tim Dorsey: The Stringray Shuffle
- Tim Dorsey: Orange Crush
- James Patterson: The Jester
- Cory Doctorow: Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom (signed)
I also got Futurama season 2 + 3 + 4 on cheap on eBay which I guess I will watch in the next millennium at this stage.