poGmail: A Gmail notifier for the Pocket PC (beta)
This is the first time I am releasing a beta with some known issues...
I have decided to do it to cover as wide a range of Pocket PC/Windows Mobile devices as possible. I am using it on my Windows Mobile 5.0 Phone Edition device but I am sure there are problems with other versions and I would like to find and fix them.
You can download the latest version at the poGmail home page.
- Install .NET Compact Framework 2.0 if you don't have it already
- Copy the .CAB file to your device (via Active Sync or a memory card)
- Run the .CAB.
- Run poGmail and configure accounts and the download schedule
The setup program installs:
- The Gmail client program (installed in the programs menu as poGmail)
- The "today screen" plugin
The Gmail client uses the same configuration file as the PC version so you can copy it from the PC to the Pocket PC (\program files\poGmail) if you do not want to re-enter all the data on the pocket pc.
Known issues from beta testers:
- The "today screen" plugin does not automatically show up after the installation. You have to Click Start, Settings, Today, the "Items" tab then OK. Or you can soft reset your device.
- The buttons do not work on the HTC Touch. I do not know if it applies to all Windows Mobile 6.0 devices.
- Screen orientation. I have not added support for landscape mode yet
The unread mails are displayed using the file poGmailTemplate.htm as a template. Feel free to "customize" it as you want. Make a cool template and I will include it in the download.
Please let me know if you find any bugs and I will do my best to fix them