poGmail: a free Gmail notifier for PC and Pocket PC that supports multiple gmail accounts
The Google Gmail Notifier only supports one gmail account. This is a problem for me as I have different gmail accounts for my blogs and domains.
So, I implemented a basic Gmail notifier that has the features I need:
- Zero installation; just run the .exe. It creates a XML configuration file in the same directory as the .exe the first time you run it.
- Hold the mouse cursor over the notification window to pause the notifications
- Click the subject in the notification window to read the mail
- Automatic selection of proxy based on your current IP. You can specify your full client IP in the proxy configuration window or use a regular expression to configure a partial IP if you use DHCP for example. Example 192.168.*
- It works with Google hosted domains
Let me know if you find any bugs or have any suggested improvements.
- 22.214.171.124: Fixed a problem when adding new accounts
- 126.96.36.199: Fixed a problem when editing an existing proxy
- 188.8.131.52: Aligned config file with Pocket PC version. Minor bug fixes.
- 184.108.40.206: Fixed crash if “Display interval” was set to 0. Thanks Matteo.
- 220.127.116.11: Fixed a problem where the client would crash if the “Check interval” was set to 0. Thanks Greg.
= Pocket PC version =
The Gmail client uses the same configuration file as the PC version so you can copy it from the PC to the Pocket PC (\program files\poGmail) if you do not want to re-enter all the data on the pocket pc.
Download the Pocket PC files and:
- Copy all files in the .zip to a directory of your choice on the Windows Mobile. The application works fine from a memory card, but the Today screen plugin only works if installed on the device.
- Run poGmail.exe and open the configuration dialog
- Select the days you want poGmail to automatically check for new mail
- 18.104.22.168: Monday to Friday is set as the default schedule for checking mails. The Today Screen plugin shows the mail status via the icon (white=ok, red=error)
- 22.214.171.124: The account configuration form did not work correctly. Thanks Chris.